MSc Global Business
Why choose Herts?
- Industry Accreditation: Students on this course benefit from prestigious International accreditations.
- Industry-Focused Content: This course enables you to explore business and develop language skills in other countries. You will travel to either Paris, Moscow, Bremen, Valencia, or Wilmington to study abroad.
- Employment Prospects: Our graduates work in leadership roles all over the world for companies including IQVIA, GSK, and Deloitte.
- Hochschule Bremen’s International MBA is approved by the Bremen State Government and accredited by ZEvA (Zentrale Evaluations und Akkreditierungsagentur Hannover).
- Universitat de Valencia’s MA International Business is accredited by ANECA (National Agency for Quality and Accreditation) and the Valencian Quality and Accreditation Agency.
- The Russian Presidential Academy’s MSc in International Management is accredited by EPAS and the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency of Education of the Russian Federation.
- The University of North Carolina Wilmington’s International MBA is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The ESSCA School of Management is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and the MSc in International and Sustainable Management accredited by CGE.
About the course
The University of Hertfordshire’s MSc Global Business is part of the innovative International Business School Alliance (IBSA) dual Master’s degree programme. It is an exciting opportunity to study in two countries, at two highly respected institutions, gaining two prestigious Master’s degrees (one of which could be an MBA) and a distinct career advantage in one life-changing year. 2 degrees, 2 countries, 1 year!
You will either spend your first semester studying a powerful set of core subjects with us at Hertfordshire, before choosing one of six specialisations, or you could join us for your specialisation. Each of these is based at a different international institution with an excellent reputation in that field, so as well as studying at Hertfordshire, you will be able to travel to Paris, Moscow, Bremen, Valencia or North Carolina to study abroad.
The programme is offered in full-time (one calendar year) mode and leads to the award of an MSc Degree in Global Business. Entry is normally at level 7 (with a cognate first-degree qualification). The intake here at Hertfordshire may be semester A (September) for compulsory subjects or semester B (January) for the specialisation and project.
To achieve your dual degree, you will need to successfully study at two different institutions. When you graduate, you will be awarded a sought-after Master’s from each. Along the way you will develop new language skills, supporting future career opportunities in the UK and overseas.
By tailoring your postgraduate study around your own strengths, interests and ambitions, you will create a distinctive degree that helps you carve out the career you really want. You will be equipped with the business understanding, in-depth specialist skills, international experience and language abilities you need to stand out in today’s competitive global business world.
Whichever institution you travel to, IBSA’s focus on theoretical and empirical postgraduate learning enables you to become a truly exceptional business professional, with a strong network of colleagues and outstanding career possibilities all over the world.
This is a vigorous, intensive Master’s degree best suited to self-motivated, ambitious and dedicated postgraduate students. These strengths will take you through a demanding and hugely rewarding year of study abroad and here at Hertfordshire, as well as giving you an excellent basis for your future career.
Beyond the core modules you will study during your first semester, you will also have the opportunity to specialise in a particular area of management, either abroad or in the UK. Each of our partner universities offers a different specialisation based on its research strengths and expertise and all modules are taught in English.
Hochschule Bremen (HSB)
Award: MBA; Specialism: International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Universitat de Valencia Estudi General (UV)
Award: Master in International Business Administration (iMBA); Specialism: International Marketing
Russian Presidential Academy (RANEPA), IBS (Moscow)
Award: Master in International Management; Specialism: Management in Emerging Markets
University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW)
Award: MBA; Specialism: International Finance and Investments
ESSCA School of Management, Paris France
Award: MSc in International and Sustainable Management
University of Hertfordshire
Award: MSc in Global Business; Specialism: Human Resource Management
Please note: Acceptance to partner universities is subject to meeting the respective admission requirements.
Why choose this course?
- Achieve two sought-after Master’s degrees in just one year: an MSc and an MBA.
- Travel and study abroad, gaining new perspectives, exceptional experience and language skills.
- Create contacts and employment opportunities in a whole range of fascinating countries.
- Shape your Master’s around your interests, so it paves the way for the career you want.
- Make your CV stand out, with postgraduate qualifications and international experience that appeal to potential employers.
What will I study?
We offer a varied programme of teaching that includes facilitated seminars, practical workshops, web-based learning, case study analysis and traditional lectures. We also provide sessions by visiting staff, practitioners and consultants to give a varied perspective of the topics covered.
You will be assessed through a variety of coursework including presentations, reports and projects. You will also be required to complete a dissertation and will be supported by a dissertation supervisor.
|International Business Strategy||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Dissertation: International Business||60 Credits||Compulsory|
|Finance for International Business||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Postgraduate Online Research Methods||0 Credits||Compulsory|
|Marketing Across Cultures||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|International and Comparative HRM||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Business Analytics Tools||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Business Research in People Practice||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|People Resourcing||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Strategic Reward||15 Credits||Optional|
|Strategic Learning and Development||15 Credits||Optional|
|Ethics In Business: A Global Perspective||15 Credits||Optional|
|People Management Across Cultures||15 Credits||Optional|
|Contemporary Issues in Work Psychology||15 Credits||Optional|
Ms. Charlotte Scannell
Study Abroad Coordinator
Find out more about Ms. Charlotte Scannell
Dr. Suzie Du
Further course information
|Course fact sheets|
|MSc Global Business - Hatfield-Bremen||Download|
|MSc Global Business - Hatfield-Moscow||Download|
|MSc Global Business - Hatfield-Paris||Download|
|MSc Global Business - Hatfield-Valencia||Download|
|MSc Global Business - Hatfield-Wilmington||Download|
|MSc Global Business||Download|
|MSc Global Business||Download|
Sandwich placement or study abroad year
Applications open to international and EU students
At the University of Hertfordshire, we want to make sure your time studying with us is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. We offer a range of support services including; student wellbeing, academic support, accommodation and childcare to ensure that you make the most of your time at Herts and can focus on studying and having fun.
You can also read our student blogs to find out about life at Herts.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.