An Introduction to Art Therapy Online Course
About the courseBack to course listing
Why choose this course?
Course dates and times
Monday 22 June and Tuesday 23 June 2020 from 10:00 - 13:00
This course will explore the process of creativity from a human, artistic and art therapy perspective. Lectures will present theories on the creative process, its impact on healthy human development and growth and why, in art therapy, it becomes central for healing and change for the client. Case studies will illustrate how the art therapeutic relationship creatively engages vulnerable and challenging clients in a unique form of expression and representation. Expressive art making sessions will enable students to gain knowledge and understanding about creative ways of working with symbolic imagery in art therapy.
- Learn an introductory understanding of the key concepts of the creative process and its theoretical underpinnings.
- Gain an understanding of why the creative process is central to the art therapeutic relationship.
- Develop an appreciation of creativity as a cultural, artistic and therapeutically diverse process.
- Develop an appreciation of creativity as a healing agent in art therapy.
- Understand the creative skills and knowledge required by the art therapist to effect change for the client.
- Acquire knowledge of the benefits of the creative process for a range of vulnerable clients in art therapy.
- To be able to make links between theory and practice at introductory level.
Why take this course:
- Online delivery with an experienced lecture and art therapist.
- Understand how creativity informs the art therapeutic process in supporting vulnerable adults and children.
- Suitable for teachers, care workers and artists etc working creatively with vulnerable clients.
- At an introductory level understand basic art therapy theory and learn about through expressive art activities.
- Information about additional professional development courses in art therapy at the university of Hertfordshire will be emailed to students
Philippa Brown - Formerly the Professional Lead for the MA Art Therapy at the University of Hertfordshire, Philippa has over 30 years’ experience as an art therapy educator, practitioner, supervisor and artist.
This course is taught online using Microsoft Teams. if you are unfamiliar with this software details will be sent before the course starts on how to obtain and use it.
Bookings for all Creative Arts Short Courses will be reviewed 2 weeks before the start date of each course. This will allow the Short Course team to determine whether a course has met the minimum number of students needed for the class to run. If a class has failed to recruit, the class will be re-scheduled and applicants will be informed and where relevant offered an alternative class.
We, therefore, encourage you to book early before the deadline to avoid disappointment.
Refunds for cancellation of places on the course shall not be made during the 14-day period immediately preceding the date on which the course commences. For further details of cancellation terms, please see the following link http://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/legal/cancellation-right
|Start Date||End Date||Day and Time||Cost||Link|
|22/06/2020||23/06/2020||Monday and Tuesday 10:00 - 13;00||£195||Apply online|