MSc Global Business
About the course
The University of Hertfordshire’s MSc Global Business is part of the innovative International Business School Alliance (IBSA) dual Master’s degree programme. It is an exciting opportunity to study in two countries, at two highly respected institutions, gaining two prestigious Master’s degrees (one of which could be an MBA) and a distinct career advantage in one life-changing year. 2 degrees, 2 countries, 1 year!
You will either spend your first semester studying a powerful set of core subjects with us at Hertfordshire, before choosing one of six specialisations, or you could join us for your specialisation. Each of these is based at a different international institution with an excellent reputation in that field, so as well as studying at Hertfordshire, you will be able to travel to Paris, Moscow, Bremen, Valencia or North Carolina to study abroad.
The programme is offered in full-time (one calendar year) mode and leads to the award of an MSc Degree in Global Business. Entry is normally at level 7 (with a cognate first-degree qualification). The intake here at Hertfordshire may be semester A (September) for compulsory subjects or semester B (January) for the specialisation and project.
To achieve your dual degree, you will need to successfully study at two different institutions. When you graduate, you will be awarded a sought-after Master’s from each. Along the way you will develop new language skills, supporting future career opportunities in the UK and overseas.
By tailoring your postgraduate study around your own strengths, interests and ambitions, you will create a distinctive degree that helps you carve out the career you really want. You will be equipped with the business understanding, in-depth specialist skills, international experience and language abilities you need to stand out in today’s competitive global business world.
Whichever institution you travel to, IBSA’s focus on theoretical and empirical postgraduate learning enables you to become a truly exceptional business professional, with a strong network of colleagues and outstanding career possibilities all over the world.
This is a vigorous, intensive Master’s degree best suited to self-motivated, ambitious and dedicated postgraduate students. These strengths will take you through a demanding and hugely rewarding year of study abroad and here at Hertfordshire, as well as giving you an excellent basis for your future career.
Beyond the core modules you will study during your first semester, you will also have the opportunity to specialise in a particular area of management, either abroad or in the UK. Each of our partner universities offers a different specialisation based on its research strengths and expertise and all modules are taught in English.
Hochschule Bremen (HSB)
Award: MBA; Specialism: International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Universitat de Valencia Estudi General (UV)
Award: Master in International Business Administration (iMBA); Specialism: International Marketing
Russian Presidential Academy (RANEPA), IBS (Moscow)
Award: Master in International Management; Specialism: Management in Emerging Markets
University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW)
Award: MBA; Specialism: International Finance and Investments
ESSCA School of Management, Paris France
Award: MSc in International Entrepreneurship
University of Hertfordshire (UH)
Award: MSc in Global Business; Specialism: Human Resource Management
Please note: Acceptance to partner universities is subject to meeting the respective admission requirements.
Why choose this course?
- Achieve two sought-after Master’s degrees in just one year: an MSc and an MBA.
- Travel and study abroad, gaining new perspectives, exceptional experience and language skills.
- Create contacts and employment opportunities in a whole range of fascinating countries.
- Shape your Master’s around your interests, so it paves the way for the career you want.
- Make your CV stand out, with postgraduate qualifications and international experience that appeal to potential employers.
What will I study?
We offer a varied programme of teaching that includes facilitated seminars, practical workshops, web-based learning, case study analysis and traditional lectures. We also provide sessions by visiting staff, practitioners and consultants to give a varied perspective of the topics covered.
You will be assessed through a variety of coursework including presentations, reports and projects. You will also be required to complete a dissertation and will be supported by a dissertation supervisor.
- Hochschule Bremen’s International MBA is approved by the Bremen State Government and accredited by ZEvA (Zentrale Evaluations und Akkreditierungsagentur Hannover).
- Universitat de Valencia’s MA International Business is accredited by ANECA (National Agency for Quality and Accreditation) and the Valencian Quality and Accreditation Agency.
- The Russian Presidential Academy’s MSc in International Management is accredited by EPAS and the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency of Education of the Russian Federation.
- The University of North Carolina Wilmington’s International MBA is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The IBSA Master’s equips you for leadership roles in businesses where global issues play a major part in the decision-making process. The opportunity to study abroad means you will develop a strong awareness of economic and cultural diversity, significantly strengthening your professional, managerial and entrepreneurial skill set.
Throughout this postgraduate course, we nurture talented, globally focused professionals cable of meeting the needs of ambitious international businesses. We will prepare you to tackle global business challenges at a managerial level, enabling you to travel, adapt to new environments and help businesses thrive in diverse social, cultural, economic and political circumstances.