This course is due to be renewed at a Periodic Review event which will be held on March 2021.
We anticipate that there will be further enhancements made to the course as a result of the Review.
Our website and printed literature will be updated following completion of the Periodic Review in order to provide applicants with further confirmed details on the following:
- module titles
- whether the modules are core or optional
- the expected contact hours
- how the course will be assessed
- staff teaching on the course
About the course
The MBA programme is a distinctive pathway that has been commended for its critical, reflective and integrative approach to leadership, entrepreneurship and enterprise skills development.
As an apprentice on the programme, you will be conversant with cutting-edge research and latest practice across the management disciplines. This transformational MBA is invigorated by theoretical insights and experiential learning.
This programme is delivered within the Senior Leader apprenticeship standard.
Why choose this course?
The Hertfordshire Executive MBA is a distinctive course that will expand your mind and your network. The course offers you the opportunity to:
- Earn a highly respected, Master of Business Administration (MBA), studying part time alongside your existing job.
- Take a life-changing professional journey and expand your mind, skills, career potential and professional network.
- Challenge your assumptions and gain a critical, reflexive approach to strategic leadership and management.
- Focus on industry best practice and live consultancy, underpinned by cutting-edge research.
- Make a powerful difference to your organisation by developing a strategic, global outlook and experience of everything from accounting to marketing.
What will I study?
Our teaching and learning methods enable the development and sharing of skills and knowledge and are built on an expectation of active involvement in the programme.
A participative style is used throughout to enable students to learn from each other as well as from teaching staff. Experiential learning is central to our teaching philosophy.
There is a considerable emphasis on the utilisation of theory and knowledge to make sense of your own and fellow participants' experiences at work. Case study material is widely used alongside case histories developed by fellow participants.
To ensure you gain real world business insights, we combine group based learning with practical applications. The Collective Enterprise module and your Applied Individual Project enable you to work with industry leaders to help provide solutions to their current business challenges.
Our Master of Business Administration really is career changing. In fact, by their Second Year, over half of our current MBA students had changed roles. Many secured promotions with their current employer, while others gained the confidence to change companies, begin new careers or launch their own business.
To help you do the same, we’ve embedded career development into every part of our postgraduate teaching. You’ll also have access to our career coach, with sessions on topics including personal branding, personal impact and difficult conversations, plus our Business School careers team, alumni network and regular career-focused events.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.