Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Business and Management)
School of study
Hertfordshire Business School
- Part Time, 4 Years
- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
UCAS points A Level BTEC 96 CCC: To include 2 A Levels (or equivalent) MMM: For BTEC Extended Diploma
The normal entry requirements for the programme are:
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications.
- 96 UCAS points from qualifications which include a minimum of two GCE A levels/AVCEs or one GCE/ AVCE Double Award’ or two BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas or one BTEC Diploma or one BTEC Extended Diploma, or
- An overall pass in an Access to Higher Education Diploma with a Merit profile in the 45 Level 3 credits, to include Grade C equivalence in English language and Mathematics (6 credits in each subject), if not addressed separately, or
- Equivalent qualifications to be assessed by the Admissions Tutor
A minimum IELTS score of 6.0* or equivalent (inc. TOEFL 550 PBT (213 CBT, 79 iBT) will be accepted as equivalent to GCSE English Language at grade C.
[*IELTS at no lower than 5.5 in every band]
- Or relevant work experience, typically a minimum of four years’ full time employment to be evaluated by the Programme Leader
- In addition, students must be in full-time work (at least 30 hours per week) to be eligible for a degree apprenticeship and must have been selected by their employer for the programme.
The Hertfordshire Business School Undergraduate Admissions Team makes all admissions decisions regarding non-standard applications, including those from elsewhere in the EU and those for direct entry above Level 4.
Applicants with prior relevant undergraduate study and who meet the necessary English and Mathematics requirements are eligible to be considered for entry to the programme at Level 5 or Level 6. They should have 120 credit points at Level 4 or equivalent to join at Level 5, plus a further 120 credit points at Level 5 or equivalent to join at Level 6. The modules making up the previous 120 credit points of study must normally be passed at the first attempt and should contribute to an overall average grade of at least a 2(i) (60%).
The programme is subject to the University's Principles, Policies and Regulations for the Admission of Students to Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate Programmes (in UPR SA03), along with associated procedures. These will take account of University policy and guidelines for assessing accredited prior certificated learning (APCL) and accredited prior experiential learning (APEL).
About the course
Apprenticeship Standard: Chartered Manager
Final Award: BA (Hons) Business and Management
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is a comprehensive business and management development programme where employees study alongside full-time employment.
This flexible four-year course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. Employees will enhance their commercial awareness by gaining a thorough understanding of business and management theory, learning essential principles of marketing, accounting and resourcing, and exploring areas such as ethics, strategy, the digital economy and global perspectives.
Why choose this course?
What distinguishes this apprenticeship is the blend of employer-defined skills, knowledge and behaviour requirements that are integrated and assessed as part of a management degree, and professionally recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) through the award of Chartered Manager status.
Benefits to apprentices
- Degree education
- Learn while you earn
- No fees or debt
- Work based, skills development
- Professional Chartered Manager Status
Benefits to employers
- Enhance employee engagement and increase staff retention
- Boost productivity of workforce through higher skills training
- Develop new and existing talent
- 95% Government funding stream on training and development for non-levied employers
What will I study?
This part-time programme will enable participants to study continuously through the full calendar year via: intensive block study sessions and micro-learning study groups with a dedicated learning mentor supporting them throughout by online distance modules. This accessible and conveniently delivered format will enable employers to access a single programme for staff from multiple UK locations.
Module Credits Compulsory/optional Accounting for Managers - DA 15 Credits Compulsory The Commercial Environment - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Professional Development 1 - DA 30 Credits Compulsory Principles of Marketing - DA 15 Credits Compulsory People and Organisations - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Analysing and Managing Business Data - DA 15 Credits Compulsory The Global Business Environment - DA 15 Credits Compulsory
Module Credits Compulsory/optional Managing People - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Professional Development 2 - DA 30 Credits Compulsory Marketing Insights, Analysis and Planning - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Cross-cultural Management - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Exploring Business Ethics - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Project Planning and Control - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Analysing Financial Statements - DA 15 Credits Compulsory
Module Credits Compulsory/optional Apprenticeship Portfolio - DA 30 Credits Compulsory Work Based Project - DA 30 Credits Compulsory Strategic Management - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Digital Economy - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Leadership and Organisations - DA 15 Credits Compulsory Business and Commercial Awareness - DA 15 Credits Compulsory
Chartered Management Institute
What job can I get?
A Chartered Manager is someone who can take responsibility for people, projects, operations and/or services to deliver long term organisational success. Specific job roles may include: Manager; Senior Manager; Head of Department; Operations Manager; or anyone with significant management responsibilities.
Sandwich placement or study abroad year
Applications open to international and EU students