Educational Assessor online course
The course consists of predominantly self-directed study but there are live sessions led by the course leaders, Marianne Talbot and Newman Burdett
To develop knowledge, understanding and application of the principles of educational assessment
You will be able to:
- Describe the key learning taxonomies and relate them to educational assessment
- List and describe the definitions and inferences of assessment
- Make links between learning and assessment
- Apply the principles of assessment to make a “good” test
- Evaluate the importance of standards and comparability in educational assessment
This course takes place over three weeks. The course consists of ten sessions; two live Adobe Connect sessions and eight self-study sessions. The course leaders will be available electronically throughout the course to answer queries and offer support. A breakdown of the course can be found below;
In this first week of the course, participants are asked to introduce themselves and complete a short activity in addition to three self-study sessions.
- Session 1: Introduction and Learning taxonomies
- Session 2: What is assessment discussion?
- Session 3: Purposes of assessment
This week consists of two self-study sessions and a live discussion.
- Session 4: Learning and assessment
- Session 5: Live Adobe Connect discussion
- Session 6: Types of assessment
The third week of the course includes three self-study sessions followed by the final live session.
- Session 7: Making a good test
- Session 8: Standards and comparability
- Session 9: Course summary and recap
- Session 10: Final live Adobe Connect discussion
Forthcoming dates for this course:
- 25 Feb - 15 March 2019
- 06 May - 24 May 2019
Cost: £250 per delegate