Educational Assessor on-line course
The course consists of predominantly self-directed study but there are live sessions led by the course leaders, Marianne Talbot and Newman Burdett
To develop knowledge, understanding and application of the principles of educational assessment
You will be able to:
- Describe the key learning taxonomies and relate them to educational assessment
- List and describe the definitions and inferences of assessment
- Make links between learning and assessment
- Apply the principles of assessment to make a “good” test
- Evaluate the importance of standards and comparability in educational assessment
This course takes place over three weeks although the majority of the self-study and the live sessions are concentrated within week two and three. The course consists of ten sessions; two live Adobe Connect sessions and eight self-study sessions. The course leaders will be available electronically throughout the course to answer queries and offer support. A breakdown of the course can be found below;
This week is a pre-course week in which participants are asked to introduce themselves and complete a short activity.
This week consists of four self-study sessions and a fifth live discussion.
- Session 1: Introduction and Learning taxonomies
- Session 2: What is assessment discussion?
- Session 3: Purposes of assessment
- Session 4: Learning and assessment
- Session 5: Live Adobe Connect discussion
As for week two, the third week of the course includes four self-study sessions followed by the final live session.
- Session 6: Types of assessment
- Session 7: Making a good test
- Session 8: Standards and comparability
- Session 9: Course summary and recap
- Session 10: Final live Adobe Connect discussion
Dates for this course:
- 29 May - 18 June 2018.
- 10 September - 01 October 2018
Cost: £250 per delegate