Covid-19 update 08 April 2020
The health and safety of those involved in the assessment system at every level is of prime importance and we acknowledge that the cancellation of assessments in 2020 will have implications for all assessment professionals as we come to terms with the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Whilst we understand that this will be of concern to our members, the CIEA does not have a representative role in the contractual relationship between awarding bodies and the examiners, markers, moderators, verifiers and other assessment professionals in carrying out their assessment duties.
However, we have been in touch with awarding organisations and their representative associations and our understanding is that they are in dialogue with the DfE and the regulatory bodies over the exact arrangements for the awarding of qualifications in 2020 and the implications this may hold for examiners, markers, moderators, verifiers and other assessment professionals. We are also aware that the awarding bodies have issued up-dates or posted information directly on their websites.
Arrangements for general qualifications in summer 2020
Ofqual has published more detailed information on how grades will be awarded for GCE and GCSE examinations in summer 2020. The links are provided below.
Other links below provide access to some of the publicly available information from other organisations, but where members have particular concerns that they may be adversely affected by the current situation, we strongly advise making direct contact with the appropriate awarding body.
Information released 06 April 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for apprentices, employers, training providers, end-point assessment organisations and external quality assurance providers
Information released 03 April 2020:
- The latest information on how GCSEs, AS & A levels will be awarded in summer 2020
- Information for Heads of Centre, Heads of Department and teachers on the submission of Centre assessment grades
- Guidance for teachers, students, parents and carers
- A message for all GCSE, AS and A level students this summer
Other publicly available information
The Exams Office