Diploma in Educational Assessment
This three-day virtual training course is highly interactive, including group work and presentations.
The CIEA qualifications are intended for those working in schools, colleges, universities, awarding bodies, vocational assessment or other areas of educational assessment.
- Completion of the CIEA Certificate in Educational Assessment or CIEA exemption from the Certificate in Educational Assessment course granted.
The course content includes:
- recap of the principles of assessment
- the Role of The Chartered Educational Assessor
- preparing for Assessment
- conducting Assessment
- presentation exercise and feedback
- comparability and standards
- test theory (classical test theory, item response theory)
- understanding data
- role plays (including working with others).
Candidates will be observed throughout, and these observations will form part of the assessment of the course along with the submission of a short task at the end of the course.
This course leads into stage three of the Chartered Educational Assessor programme, the CEA Assignment.
- 22 March 2023