Hertfordshire Knowledge Exchange Partnerships (HKEP)
Each Hertfordshire Knowledge Exchange Partnership (HKEP) is designed to enable your company to establish new capabilities, proof-of-concept for new products and/or services, or expand your business’ capacity and market.
A HKEP collaboration will last for four years; recruiting a PhD researcher to be placed within your company as well as receiving consultancy from a University of Hertfordshire academic as part of the package.
In year one of the HKEP the PhD researcher will undertake a commercially focussed project within your company. Upon completion a 3 year PhD research project will be undertaken in an area of interest to your company.
A commissioned HKEP comes with a significant subsidy to SME's that reduces the costs by two thirds (each project costs approximately £40,000 making a saving to your company of £80,000), the remaining balance of the project will be funded through the Hertfordshire Science Partnership.
- PhD level, applied research projects leading to the introduction of new products or services to market
- Consultancy from a University of Hertfordshire Academic throughout
- New graduate talent working within your business during year one
- Access to new research ahead of market
- Research support on directly applicable business activity
- Access to the specialist research facilities of the University for the duration of the HKEP project
Through extensive research, supported by funding from the Hertfordshire Science Partnership, Fluid Pharma has not only made it possible to develop this technology, but on an industrial scale.
Fluid Pharma Founder and Associate Professor in Research, Dr Fang Liu
Take a look at the open PhD Studentship opportunities and find information on applications and eligibility criteria.
*The cost is covered by a combination of funding from ERDF, LEP, University and the partner company and delivered by the Hertfordshire Science Partnership.