Undergraduate Main Cycle
Help us to promote Main Cycle 2023 entry, with approved social media assets.
Our Main Cycle 2023 campaign launched on Monday 5 September with a heavy focus on 17/18-year-olds (year 13's) within London and the East of England region (plus parents and teachers!).
The campaign will run until 25 January, which is the UCAS equal consideration deadline (and the time we switch to our Late Applications campaign). The main cycle campaign features relevant messaging and creative that reflects the student journey at each stage of their decision making, from creative adverts to user generated content. The campaign is split into three key stages:
- Connect: brings awareness to Herts and show how Hertfordshire can help the student
- Consider: re-engage with warm audiences and advertise our October and November open days
- Convert: increase urgency to book onto our open days, and later in the journey, apply to Hertfordshire as one of their university choices.
|Live dates||5 September 2022 – 25 January 2023|
|Campaign landing page||Undergraduate study at Herts|
|Specific subject or course landing pages||Undergraduate courses|
Approved copy and assets
For flexibility of messaging, we have a few options that will ensure the messaging is relevant for the student and their undergraduate student journey at the time of your post. Our primary aims are to:
- raise awareness of Hertfordshire as a University choice
- encourage prospects to book onto and visit us at our 22 October and 26 November open days
- drive prospects to make an application with us before the 25 January UCAS equal consideration deadline.
How to perfect your post:
- Include the above hashtags where possible
- Keep Facebook posts to a maximum of 200 characters
- Twitter posts are capped at 240 characters
- Use a vanity URL to make your posts look less busy – to do this you can visit free sites like https://bitly.com/ where you can add in your desired URL, and it will produce a shortened version for you.
Here are a few examples of messaging suitable for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram*:
(*This is guidance messaging so feel free to add your personal touch to it!)
Prospects who are looking for the perfect course (suggested timings to post: September – November)
- Interested in [insert subject]? Study an undergraduate degree at Herts, and you’ll benefit from [insert course specific USP here that is relevant to your programme. Some examples include: co-curricular courses in X Y Z, getting hands on in X Y Z facilities, or 1-2-1 personal tuition if applicable] Find out more about Herts today.
- Interested in [insert subject]? I teach on the [insert subject] undergraduate degree and would love to tell you a bit more about it! You’ll benefit from [insert course specific USP here that is relevant to your programme. Some examples include: co-curricular courses in X Y Z, getting hands on in X Y Z facilities, or 1-2-1 personal tuition if applicable] Any questions? Find out more on the Herts website or get in touch!
Prospects who have started their university research and want more tips/advice (suggested timings to post: September – Jan)
- Thinking about going to university can be a bit daunting to get your head around, so we’re here to help guide you through the process! Check out our top tips and guidance to help you get started, from the key dates you need to know, to help on choosing the right university for you. https://www.herts.ac.uk/campaign/undergraduate/top-tips-for-choosing-the-right-uni
- Interested in [insert subject] and want some help finding the right university for you? Check out our guidance to help get you started from key need-to-know dates, to top tips! https://www.herts.ac.uk/campaign/undergraduate/top-tips-for-choosing-the-right-uni
Prospects who are ready to go to open days and explore their university contenders further (October – November)
- Interested in [insert subject] and want to know more about the modules, teaching or career prospects? Come and find me at our open day on [22 October] [26 November] and I’ll tell you all about it and answer any questions you may have! https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/open-days/undergraduate-events/open-days
- Interested in [insert subject] and want to get a taste of what to expect? Come to our open day on [22 October] [26 November] and get hands on with [insert taster lecture/session here], and have your questions answered! https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/open-days/undergraduate-events/open-days
- Interested in [insert subject?] and want to know more about the modules, facilities and extra-curricular activities? Come and find me at our open day on [22 October] [26 November] and I’ll tell you all about it and answer any questions you may have! https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/open-days/undergraduate-events/open-days