Design encompasses and touches virtually every aspect of our daily lives. As a designer, your creative decisions will determine the shape, look, feel and scope of the 'products' that people will buy and consume as part of their daily lives.
Our Design courses give you an opportunity to experience and develop the skills and processes involved in the professional practice of product design, industrial design, interior and spatial design, graphic design, illustration and fashion design.
Our students have an excellent track-record in winning national prizes including the National Student Lighting Designer of the Year and first prizes in the Design and Art Direction (D&AD) Global Student Awards.
We offer a number of 2D and 3D design courses ranging from fashion, contemporary crafts, graphic design and illustration to industrial design, interior design and model design.
You will focus on creating innovative design solutions and have access to new and emerging technologies. You will have the opportunity to:
- challenge your design ideas
- understand design trends
- be experimental
- push the boundaries of traditional design
Our staff team is drawn from nationally and internationally experienced designers who bring their research and professional interests directly into the student environment.
- Architecture BA (Hons) - UCAS code: K100
- Design Crafts: Textiles BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W705
- Design Crafts: Ceramics and Glass BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W700
- Design Crafts: Jewellery BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W704
- Fashion Design BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W230
- Fashion and Fashion Business BA (Hons)- UCAS code: W231
- Graphic Design BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W210
- Illustration BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W221
- Interior Architecture and Design BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W251
- Product and Industrial Design BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W240
- Model Design (Model Effects BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W292
- Model Design (Character and Creative Effects) BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W452
- Model Design (Special Effects) BA (Hons) - UCAS code: W451