There are a number of specialist computing suites within the School of Creative Arts, each with digital projection and display facilities.
Wherever possible these suites are positioned close to the studios and baserooms where students are working in complimentary practices.
The 2D imaging suite
We have two suites of:
- A3 B&W laser for proofing prints
- A3 and A4 scanners
- Macs with large scale monitors
They primarily run software such as:
- Adobe Creative suite which includes In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Quark Xpress is also provided on a few machines for print preparation
The 3D suite
This specialist facility runs PC’s for 3D Design and Modelling, which feature:
- Vector Works
We have specialist computer suites for:
- 2D Animation
- 3D Animation
- Games and Visual Effects
These run high-end digital modelling and animation software as well as compositing live and virtual material.
The suites house PCs with wacom tablets supporting software including:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Master Collection
- Autodesk Suite
- 3D Printing
- Pf Track
- Games Engines
- Unreal –UDK
Multimedia and Interactive Design Suite
Focused on a range of activities including:
- digital artwork
- virtual and video and sound media
This PC suite uses: Photoshop and Illustrator for image making, Macromedia Director for interaction work with DreamWeaver and Flash for web authoring and Premier and After Effects for video work.
The computers that make up this unit have a range of software for image making, including:
- web authoring with multimedia work
- the Gerber software suite for design
- pattern making and grading
They also run Photoshop, Illustrator, Director, Dreamweaver, Flash and Premier.