Perfect your band built and thrown work here, with a variety of slip glazes and clay materials. The workshop has:
- glaze area
- drying store
- kiln room with a variety of different kilns for firing ceramics
Our equipment for cutting and working glass uses:
- diamond cutting
- water cooled abrasives
You'll have plenty of space to finish your work.
The facility shares flatbed and ceramic kilns for fusing and forming glass.
You'll have access to:
- centre lathes, pillar drills and milling machines for machining plastics, metals and timber.
- band and circular saws for cutting and shaping bulk materials.
- wood lathes to turn timber and foam.
- vacuum forming and line bending machines for plastics sheet
- sanding and finishing machines for fine finishing
This area facilitates casting and mould making using plaster, silicone, latex and resins and has:
- drying oven
- fettling benches
The spray booth gives access to an industrial standard paint spraying facility. It has a dry back fume extract.
Small metals and jewellery
This facility has hand and machine tools for working non ferrous metals e.g. soldering, pressing and forming for jewellery and fine work.