Our alumni reflect what studying at Herts is all about, and we believe you are our best ambassadors. We are always looking for ways to share how studying at the University (or predecessor institutions) has impacted your career, and how your experiences have shaped your future.
From the moment you decide to study at Herts, to the moment you graduate, you are part of our University community. After you have completed your studies you can give back to other students following in your footsteps by helping in a number of different ways. The commitment you are able to give will make a difference to others no matter how big or small, and we are here to discuss the variety of options with you.
Ways to get involved
There are many ways that you can remain engaged with your University, and you can choose how best to support depending on your current lifestyle and circumstances.
- Whatever subject you graduated in and whatever you've done in your career, we love to share your alumni stories. Drop us a line and get in touch.
- Speaking to prospective students at Open Days - these are currently being held online so there are many opportunities for our global community to get involved by speaking to prospective students and current applicants
- Speaking to current students about your career
- Getting in touch with your local school to talk about your experience at Herts and promote our courses
- Organising a virtual reunion with your fellow graduates
- Supporting our fundraising activities
- Becoming a regional or international ambassador or getting involved with your country chapter.
If you're interested in finding out more about any of the above activities or have your own ideas, please get in touch.
Are you a graduate of one of our criminal justice and criminology programmes at the University? The Hertfordshire School of Law would love to know more about your career since you graduated.
They are particularly interested in any ideas, advice and inspiration you may have for our current Criminal Justice and Criminology students. If you would like an informal chat to find out more, contact Julie Manson in the School of Law.
This year we have had contact with a number of alumni from our Law School who have spoken to students in Zoom/MSTeams meetings and answered questions about their career paths and experiences. If this would be of interest to you or you would like to know more about what's involved please contact Julie.
Health and Social Work
The School of Health and Social Work is very keen to hear from you about your career since graduating. In what has been a challenging year for all health professionals, this is a great chance to share your story and inspire others. Please get in touch by email.
Tell us your story
Do you have a story to tell? Let us know what you have been up to since leaving the University.