Replacement certificates

Further details about requesting your original certificate can be found on the Exams and Awards Office website. Please note that you can only request your original certificate within three years of your graduation date.

Ordering a replacement certificate

The certificate, which the University of Hertfordshire issues as proof of the conferment of an award, is a unique and valuable document that should be carefully preserved by its recipient. The University will not issue additional copies or a duplicate certificate to any one already holding an original certificate.

If a University of Hertfordshire certificate is lost or destroyed a duplicate can be issued (at a cost of £35.00) which will have exactly the same standing as the original it replaces. It will be produced in the current format and may not be a facsimile of the original. You can order a replacement certificate by completing the duplicate certificate application form.

Awards before 1992

If your original certificate was obtained prior to 1992 your certificate will have been issued by the CNAA (for HND awards see below). Find out about obtaining a duplicate.

See details on obtaining a duplicate HND certificate issued by BTEC/EDXCEL.

If you are in any doubt as to which form you need to complete please contact the Exams and Awards Office.

Official letters

An official letter confirming your University of Hertfordshire award can be produced and we can also provide verified copies of the original certificate. Further details can be obtained by contacting the Exams and Awards Office.

Calligraphy certificates

Occasionally we are asked for a more ornate certificate and to accommodate this the University has commissioned a calligrapher to hand produce certificates for those who request them (view sample). You can apply by completing and sending the request for calligraphy certificate form to us.

Please note that there is a £95 charge for a calligraphy certificate.