Managing Anxiety and Panic – delivered by Herts Mind Network
Part of the Staff and Student Training Programme organised by the Dean of Students Office.
This session provides information on the different types of anxiety condition and how they present. Attendees will be provided with an overview of the common warning signs and causes of anxiety. The session will help improve confidence in managing anxiety and panic. The session closes by ensuring attendees are aware of the support available for individuals across Hertfordshire and nationally in the form of support services, apps and websites.
By the end of the session, attendees will be expected to:
- Have an increased knowledge as to what anxiety is and what it looks/feels like
- Develop an understanding around different types of anxiety-based mental health conditions
- Spot the warning signs of increasing anxiety/panic
- Identify some common causes of anxiety
- Be more equipped to manage anxiety and support others with anxiety
- Have an awareness of further anxiety services, apps or websites
Students can book via the Gecko booking form on Ask Herts: Understanding Mental Health - Training and Awareness.