Working with the community
We work with you
The rapid expansion of the University of Hertfordshire promises a bright future for the town and local area. The University is supporting the community in lots of different ways.
Community amenities and events
- UH Arts has a lively programme of dance, theatre, comedy and exhibitions for everyone to enjoy.
- Local residents can use some of the best university sports facilities in the country at our £15 million Hertfordshire Sports Village.
- UNO is our bus service. It makes 2,300,000 passenger journeys a year, around two-thirds of them carrying local residents.
- Local charities can benefit from student and staff fundraising. We also sponsor social events, including the Rhythms of the World music festival.
- We take part in voluntary work and environmental projects.
Community educational initiatives
- Schools and community groups can benefit from our mentoring programmes.
Community Partnership Office
The University's Community Partnership Office is the main point of contact for:
- local community organisations
- charities and support groups
- local residents
If you’re a local resident, community organisation, charity or support group, contact us through our Community Partnership Office on 01707 285165 or email us on email@example.com
School and College Liaison
We offer advice and support to schools and colleges on higher education and access to the University of Hertfordshire. Contact the School and College Liaison team to find out more.