Investing in you
Life as a Hertfordshire student doesn’t just mean time spent in classrooms; your university experience is about so much more than that. It’s about maximising your employability, becoming part of the student community, and accessing all the development and support you need to succeed.
This is why we continue to invest providing work placements and study abroad opportunities, social and sporting clubs and activities, wellbeing and health services, and 24/7 learning resources.
These are just a few of the services that the University provides to enhance and add value to your university experience.
- Discounted Park and Ride bus service
- Support for non-commercial bus routes run to ensure students can get home at odd hours
- On-campus pharmacy and (free) flu vaccines
- Innovation centre supporting our entrepreneurial students
- Fee-free work placements
- Fee-free or subsidised study abroad opportunities
- Document services/Dissertation assistance
- 24/7 libraries
- Active Students sports programme
- Discounted gym and new 24hr service Oval gym
- Health and Wellbeing schemes
- Financial Education programmes, with free access to online tools
- Students' Union
- Latest software and technology (e.g. free Office 365)
- Equipment loan (laptop/photography equipment)
- Subsidised co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Student Union shops
- Various food outlets suited to varied needs
- International students support
- The UH Arts programme of events