Business Academy Live: Introducing Mentoring
22 June 2021
Live online event
Find out about what mentoring is and how it can work for you in your career
What is Mentoring?
- Mentoring is a process for helping someone develop in their current job and also for the future
- A mentor is a person who offers support and guidance to another; an experienced and trusted counsellor or friend (Oxford English Dictionary)
- Mentoring is help by one person to another in making significant transitions in knowledge, work or thinking (Megginson and Clutterbuck, Mentoring in Action).
Mentoring can be a really useful tool in helping people to develop their professional lives and careers, in the roles of mentor and mentee. But how does it work? And how can I find or be a mentor?
Join Business Academy mentoring expert and personal effectiveness coach, Alessandra Alonso, to explore mentoring and what it can do for you.
This interactive workshop will give an overview of and introduction to mentoring.
- find out about what mentoring is - and what it isn’t
- explore the key benefits for mentors and mentees
- learn some key skills needed to both mentor and be mentored effectively
- look at some simple models, tools and techniques to support the mentoring partnership and maximise its value and impact
This live online session is designed to be interactive so please come prepared to take an active part.