Life and Medical Sciences Dean's Awards 2018
Welcome to the nominations page for the 2018 School of Life and Medical Sciences Dean’s Awards. The Dean’s Awards were inaugurated in 2017 to recognise the exceptional achievements of our staff and students in a number of areas.
Nominate a student or staff member
Click the above link to make your nomination and don't forget you can nominate more than one staff member or student.
Nominations close at: 17:00 on the 31 July 2018.
About the award
The Dean’s Awards were inaugurated in 2017 to recognise the exceptional achievements of our students and have now been widened to include both staff and students within the school and wider-university employees who have had a significant positive impact on our students and their experience of studying at the University of Hertfordshire.
Nominations are welcomed from staff and students in one of 9 categories below and can be made until 17:00 on the 31 July 2018. Shortlisted nominees will be individually informed after the judging panel meets in August.
The judging panel will comprise staff and students from the school of Life and Medical Sciences. Where any member of the judging panel has been nominated, they will be excluded from discussions in the category of nomination.
There are 6 different categories for student nominations which have been listed below:
- Undergraduate Student Academic Achievement.
- Postgraduate Student Academic Achievement.
- Student Engagement with Research (Undergraduate or Postgraduate student).
- Student Community Engagement (Undergraduate or Postgraduate student).
- Overcoming adversity (Undergraduate or Postgraduate student).
- Student Representative of the Year.
The 3 categories for staff nominations are listed below:
- Technical or Administrative staff commitment to enhancing the student experience.
- Staff commitment to engaging students with research.
- A staff member who fully demonstrates one or more of the University Values (Friendly, Ambitious, Collegiate, Enterprising, Student-focused)
- A University of Hertfordshire employee (University-wide) who has shown a commitment and dedication to the student experience for LMS students.
Special School level award decided solely by the Dean
- Lifetime Service Award.
Please provide a brief overview (150 words maximum) summarising why you are nominating the individual named above.
I am nominating Jane because she has always provided first rate support to us when we have undertaken laboratory classes. I was very anxious when I did my first lab class, but Jane was very friendly and put me at ease and has always been kind and helpful no matter how busy she is. During my dissertation lab work, Jane always went the extra mile to help me even though I know she was very busy with other commitments. Jane is always happy to help no matter what and always seeks to help us students achieve our best. She is a credit to the University and provides support and assistance above and beyond the call of duty.
Please provide three bullet points (20 words maximum each) highlighting the main reason why you feel your nominee is deserving of a Dean’s Award?
- Jane is always smiling and happy to see us and help us in lab classes.
- Jane is always willing to help even outside timetabled lab classes.
- Jane always seems genuinely interested in the dissertation work we are doing and in our wider studies.
Dean's Award Ceremony
The awards ceremony will be held on the de Havilland campus on Thursday 18 October 2018.
- 18:00 - The venue will be open with welcome reception drinks.
- 18:45 - The award ceremony will commence.
- 19:45 - Drinks and light food will be served.
Dress code is smart/formal.
Winners will be presented with a commemorative glass plaque and an Amazon voucher for £50.
Friends and family are welcome to attend and full details of registration for attendance at the event will be announced later in the summer.
De Havilland Campus
- 18 October 2018
- End date:
- 18 October 2018
- De Havilland Campus
- Andrew Smith