Girls in Engineering
This event is open to female students from Year 8 through to Year 12 and will offer a number of fun workshops covering various aspects of Engineering and Technology.
To mark the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day and 2018 The Year of Engineering, the School of Engineering and Technology at the University of Hertfordshire is hosting a special event to celebrate the occasion.
On Saturday 30th June 2018, we are inviting all girls (from year 8 through to year 12) and young women along with parents to delve into the world of engineering and technology and its endless opportunities. We are here to show you how exciting this area of study is, support you with your decisions and show you your options all whilst having fun, food and meeting new people.
Girls in Engineering (GIE) offers you the opportunity to:
- Gain hands on experience of engineering through our interactive activities
- Understand how engineering and technology impacts the society we live in
- Meet our current engineering and technology students, graduates and lecturers
- Get involved in practical activities such as building and operating electronic circuits, problem solving with an egg, marshmallow challenge and get involved in laser cutting
- See demonstrations of our flight and F1 simulators
Parents and siblings, we haven’t forgotten about you! We invite you to get involved in the activities or sit back and relax in our parents only zone.
More information and booking
This is a free of charge event.
or contact the Events Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1707 284121.
College Lane Campus, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield AL10 9AB
- 30 June 2018
- End date:
- 30 June 2018
- College Lane Campus
- Events Team