We know the importance of ensuring that the diversity of our staff truly reflects that of our student community, so we’re proud to see continuing improvement against our Key performance Indicators (KPIs).
Achievements to date:
- in 2021/22, we increased our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff cohort from 21.5%, to 23.2% which is above the sector average of 14.3% (HESA, 2021)
- we have successfully increased senior Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff from 13% to 17% within three years of setting the target.
Our ongoing key strategic equality objectives include:
- securing an institutional silver Athena Swan Award in 2024
- increasing senior academic women by 10% by 2025
- continuing to increase Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic teaching staff from 19% to 25% (target reached in 2021/22).
We have anonymised our shortlisting process to eliminate bias, and to encourage and welcome people from diverse backgrounds and identities to apply and work with us. We aim to ensure diversity exists in our interview panels.
We value our staff and believe that through our commitment to address gender and ethnicity pay gaps, we will create pay equality in the workplace to provide new opportunities and change their lives.
View our latest gender and ethnicity pay gap report