Equality, diversity and inclusion
The Equality Office is placed within the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for all aspects related to equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to our staff and students.
We assist the University to:
Our work includes:
- advising on equality legal requirements and good practice
- developing policies, guidance documents, priorities, initiatives and action plans
- consulting and engaging with staff and students
- monitoring and reporting progress against equality goals
- delivering training and raising awareness
- celebrating diversity through events e.g. Black History Month, LGBT History Month.
We work with many internal and external stakeholders including the University's Strategic Business Units (SBUs), departments, staff, students, Students' Union and trade unions.
- facilitate a Harassment and Bullying Adviser Network
- lead on information for students and staff who are carers
- liaise with local agencies and community groups that promote and advance equality
- work with national bodies e.g. Equality Challenge Unit.