Starting your own bus company
UNO is the University of Hertfordshire's brand for its wholly owned bus company, set up specifically to provide staff, students and the local community with transport to the expanding University and local areas, as well as improving east - west travel across the County of Hertfordshire.
The Company was formed in 1992 as University Bus and relaunched under the trading name of UNO in 2005 to reflect the growing services demanded by the wider public.
Interested in setting up an UNO-style bus operation for your college or university?
The first stage would be for the experts at UNO to assess the travel needs of your institution.
We would look at the opportunities and constraints in your area and develop a comprehensive report.
UNO will then work with you to devise an implementation strategy.
Elements of the consultation
- a thorough travel analysis of the requirements of the institution
- GIS mapping of requirements and solutions
- review existing situation
- development of a viable operating model
- full costing proposals
- workshop to discuss ideas and solutions
- implementation advice
At the end of any study a detailed report will be provided outlining the proposed solutions with full costing and the business plan developed with the partner organisation
The benefits to your university or college
- develop routes that suit your needs
- improve links to university
- advertise university to wider area
- enable more students to live at home
- alternative to car use
- generate revenue
- establish wider partnerships within the area