Policy and governance
Our environmental sustainability approach focuses on three key areas; climate action, biodiversity and resource management. Within each of these we have a number of aims and commitments which will be delivered through four pathways:
- Build a sustainable community
- Deliver education, student and people experience
- Reduce operational emissions
- Showcase our research, enterprise, and global engagement
There are also lots of ways we monitor and track our progress, for example; a robust EMS system which ensures legal compliance and drives continuous improvement, ISO14001 audit and certification, internal audits, eco campus certification (currently platinum), league tables such as People and Planet, AUDE scorecard, and staff, student and sector feedback.
Below you will find full detail of our approach via our latest environmental performance reports, policies, and action plans which set out our commitment to protecting the environment and contributing to the race to net zero.
- Environmental Performance Report 2020-2021 (PDF - 2.22 Mb)
- Environmental Performance Report 2019-2020 (PDF - 0.81 Mb)
- Environment and Sustainability Policy 2022 (PDF - 0.14 Mb)
- Sustainable Purchasing Policy 2017 (PDF - 0.23 Mb)
- Biodiversity Action Plan 2021-2026 (PDF - 3.02 Mb)
- Travel Plan 2018-2023 (PDF - 1.06 Mb)
- Carbon Management Plan (PDF - 0.89 Mb)
Please contact the Sustainability team if you would like additional information.