Computer Science Online Degree Bsc Hons
The University of Hertfordshire has been successfully running online top-up degrees (level 6 or final year) since 2004.
We are now extending the programme to include levels 4 and 5, i.e. what would be the first two years of a full-time course.
- UK: 260 UCAS points with A-levels or equivalent in any subject, plus GCSE grade A-C or equivalent in maths and English;
- EU/International: equivalent to above
- If returning to study contact us
Modules - Level 4 (Bachelor's)
15 credit modules
- System Requirements
- Programming Principles
- Foundations of Computation
- E-Media Design
- Principles of Networked Systems
- Internet Technologies†
- Programming & Program Design 1
- Business Information Systems†
- Data Driven Systems
Modules - Level 5 (Bachelor's)
30 credit modules
- CS Development Exercise
- Data Management & Applications†
- Programming and Program Design 2
- IT for Business†
- Operating Systems & Computer Networks
For a BSc honours degree you need to pass 120 credits at each of levels 4, 5 & 6. Some modules are core, others are options†.
Modules - Level 6 (Bachelor's)
Required module for BSc Computer Science:
- Further Object Oriented Development
Choose two taught modules:
- Principles and Applications of Web Services
- Quantum Computing
- Computer Network Protocols and Architectures
- Business Intelligence (Business School Module)
Choose one of the following:
- Computer Science Project
- E-Learning Applications Design and Development
Coursework - there will be a fixed date for assignment submission.
Online tests - a fixed a 24-hour time slot is normally assigned for each online test to be taken.
Interested in this course?
- Apply now
- View application deadline and start dates
- Look up course fees
- Register for your free taster session
- Contact us if you have questions about the course or studying with UH Online.
- View full course list – we have a range of online distance learning courses for you to choose from.