Centre for research in professional and work-related learning
We apply the values and rigour of scholarship and research to examine practice and the concerns of practitioners, policy-makers and other stakeholders in areas including:
- social care
- 3rd sector
- criminal justice
In partnership with regional, national and international communities of practitioners, policy-makers and researchers, we have developed a collaborative and dynamic research culture.
We are experienced in finding innovative ways of communicating research to a wide audience.
What can we do for you?
- undertake a variety of research and evaluation activities;
- apply a range of methodological approaches;
- draw on the expertise of our internationally recognised researchers;
- work collaboratively, inclusively, responsively;
to produce work which is independent, objective, of the highest quality - and builds your capacity.
Our key audiences are managers, practitioners, policy-makers and members of the professional and academic community.
Funders of our work include:
- International: European Union, Malaysia Ministry of Education
- National: Government Agencies responsible for schools; Higher Education Academy; Specialist Schools and Academies Trust (now the Schools Network).
- Regional: East of England Development Education Network, County Councils, Hertfordshire Police and Probation Services, a Clinical Commissioning Group.
Main areas of research and evaluation
We have a varied portfolio of funded research projects, which reflect our focus on practice-based research and our two overarching areas of research:
- professional learning and teacher education
- policy leadership and values
- inter-professional development
- impact of practice