Information for job applicants
Applying online for job vacancies at the University of Hertfordshire
- If using a PC the system will run on both Windows XP/Windows 7 using Internet Explorer version 7 or 8.
- If using an Apple Mac you will need to use Mozilla Firefox.
- All other web browsers and operating systems are not supported.
How to apply
All applicants must submit an application form as we do not accept CVs on their own. If you wish to provide a CV or any other documentation with your application, please attach as Supporting Documents on the online application form.
Please remember that your application form is very important as it is the main basis on which the recruiting manager decides whether or not to invite you to interview, therefore it is vital that you complete it as fully as possible, filling in all the required information.
Please pay particular attention to the personal statement section, giving full reasons as to why you feel you are suitable for the post. State how your skills, previous experience, qualifications and training are relevant to the post and how you meet the criteria specified in the person specification.
Providing incorrect information or deliberately omitting any relevant facts on the application form could result in either disqualification from the selection process or - where the discovery is made after appointment - in dismissal. We may wish to check any details that you have given.
As an equal opportunities employer we aim to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly.
- Our vacancies close at 23:30 hours on the closing date
- The University does not pay interview expenses unless there are exceptional circumstances