Study with us
At the University of Hertfordshire we offer an MA by Research, PhD, and a Professional Doctorate in heritage.
We also offer a taught MA in History: see https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/ma-history for more details on the course.
go to https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/masters-by-research-history to find out more about the MA by research.
The Local and Regional Research group offers a supportive environment and expertise for students researching local and regional topics.
Interested in taking your research further, and studying for a formal qualification with structured support and access to the University's wide range of resources?
Contact Dr Katrina Navickas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01707 285624, for more details on taking your research further.
Recent research publications and theses by our members:
- Simon Langsdale, MA by Research, 'Thomas Ward Blagg and the Abbey Parish Charities Scandal c.1827-1860' - download the dissertation here: https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/20277
- Karen Rothery, PhD, 'The Implementation and Administration of the New Poor Law in Hertfordshire c1830-1847' - https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/18187
- Megan Webber, PhD, 'London Charity Beneficiaries, c. 1800-1834: Questions of Agency' - https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/17339
- Helen Tyler, MA by Research, 'Education and Social Mobility 1870 - 1914: a Study of Four Schools in the Registration District of Hitchin in Hertfordshire': https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/16367
- Fabian Hiscock, MA by Research, 'The Socio-Economic Effects of the Grand Junction Canal on West Hertfordshire: 1791 to 1841': https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/17240
- Matthew Benjamin, MA by Research, 'Complete Communities or Dormitory Towns? Case Studies in Interwar Housing at Welwyn Garden City, Becontree and St Helier': https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/17353
- Catherine Robinson, MA by Research, 'Imports, Mechanisation and the Decline of the English Plaiting Industry: The View from the Hatters' Gazette, Luton 1873 - 1900': https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/17623
- Tom Heritage, MA by Research, 'A COMPARATIVE PERSPECTIVE ON CHANGING HOUSEHOLD AND FAMILY STRUCTURE IN MID-VICTORIAN HERTFORDSHIRE': https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/handle/2299/14441