Gain invaluable career experience with a work placement
Work placements can provide invaluable career experience for students, as well as cost-effective solutions for employers. The University of Hertfordshire’s Careers and Placements Service can help you get the placements you need, as well helping employers find the right students to benefit their organisations.
Benefits of work placements for students
- gaining valuable experience – research shows that over seventy per cent of employers prefer students with work experience
- exploring career possibilities and making potentially valuable contacts.
Benefits of work placements for employers
- benefit from fresh, new talent without having to make a long-term commitment
- gain access to a cost-effective, flexible labour source
- summer internships, 6 or 9-12 months work placements or short periods of work experience available
We run work placements across a series of subject areas:
- art and design, astronomy, computer science, engineering, film and media, mathematics, music and physics
- business-related areas and tourism management
- biosciences, pharmaceutical sciences, environment science, life sciences, geography, sports therapy and sports science
How to arrange a work placement
The Careers and Placements Service can give you information on work placements and any other aspect of graduate recruitment.
Telephone: +44 (0)1707 284791 (all enquiries)
firstname.lastname@example.org (student enquiries)
email@example.com (employer enquiries)