The Hertfordshire Business School currently offers research degrees in:
A PhD and MA by Research could be studied as part-time or full-time, while the DBA and DMan are offered only on a part-time basis.
The DBA and DMan are aimed at practising leaders, managers and consultants who are interested in furthering their careers through doctoral research which contributes to their everyday practice as well as to producing academic knowledge.
Our Doctoral students benefit from a vibrant research environment, including the following:
- The School provides access to a world class Information Resource System, including electronic off-campus access. These include access to national and international databases as well as world-wide bibliographic resources.
- The faculty holds weekly Research Seminar Series in which external and internal academics present their recent research. These are open to all Doctoral students for participation and presentation.
- Regular Progress Workshops are organized for Doctoral students to discuss their work, challenges, advancement and receive feedback and advice from their peers as well as academics.
- Business School Doctoral students submit papers and participate to the biannual Research Student Conference organized by the Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities Research Institute of the University.
- The Working Paper Series of the Hertfordshire Business School provide an important platform for Doctoral students to publish their work and reach wider audience.
Support for Doctoral Students
Currently, around 75 research degrees students are enrolled at the Business School. Each student has a supervisory team of at least two academics with expertise in his/her subject area.
The Business School provides access to a world class Information Resource System, including electronic off-campus access. Research training is delivered in various forms and levels. For example, the University offers an annual programme of Generic Research Training for all research students.
These cover a series of training sessions in three essential areas:
- Training in Research Methods
- Training in Research Skills
- Training for Research Planning, Completion and Dissemination
For further information on our research degrees, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org