Mechanical Engineering MEng
Institution Code H36
Course Code EIMENGME
About the course
- The MEng in Mechanical Engineering is a broad subject and there have been thousands of successful UH graduates of this discipline working in all fields of engineering;
- You can apply your knowledge to typical mechanical projects such as the design of a hovercraft;
- You may join the automotive students and help design, build and race single-seater race car in the UK Formula Student Competition;
- You may join aerospace students on projects involving Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), rocketry and space tourism;
- You will learn how to apply computer-aided engineering and industrial-standard software, recommended by the Automotive Industry Advisory Panel.
- If you would like more detailed information about what you will be studying on each year of this course, then go to 'Course structure' via the tab at the top of the page, and then click on the '- full details' link for each year of study. You will then see a description for each module.
340 UCAS points
GCE A Level: must include both Mathematics and Physics or Technology or engineering-based subjects.
NB General Studies / Critical Thinking / BTEC / Advanced Diploma / Access do not count towards UCAS points.
GCSE: must include Mathematics, English Language and Science at grade C or above
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Full-time 4 Years
- Sandwich 5 Years
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).