Joint and Combined Honours
A joint or combined honours degree is the study of one or more subjects.
There can be many benefits to studying more than one subject and we've created a tool to show you all the joint honours combinations you can study with us.
Enter your first subject and you will see the combinations available. Then simply follow the link to your specific course page for more information.
How Joint Honours work
- Choose two subjects
- Study each subject 50/50 in your first year
In your second year you can choose to continue studying both subjects equally or to major in one (75%) and minor in the other (25%).
At the end of your second year you get to review your decision and if you have chosen a major subject you can go back to studying both your subjects equally again if you prefer.
If you continued on a Joint mode you can decide to major in one subject at the start of your third year*.
*some subjects/subject combinations have specific restrictions regarding availability of major/minor/joint options check your course page for details.
You can also study more than two subjects with us. These subjects are situated within our School of Humanities and you can find out more about the different options available to you by visiting the school pages
Why Joint or Combined Honours?
The programmes offer you:
- Flexibility - Keep your options open and tailor your studies to your interests
- Adaptability - Broaden and deepen your knowledge across two or more disciplines and learn to approach problems from multiple perspectives
- Employability - A multiple subject degree shows employers that you are a rounded individual with broad interests and an ability to learn new things in a variety of fields.
- Transferable skills - Develop highly sought after skills in the work place such as time management, independent study skills and organisation
- Great opportunities - Study abroad or gain real experience on a work placement year, brush up your language skills or simply experience a different culture and education system - whatever you choose to do and wherever you go you’re sure to have an outstanding CV when you graduate