The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply
More About the Course
The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is the worldwide centre of excellence for procurement and supply management. Throughout the world CIPS qualifications are recognised as driving leading edge thinking and professionalism in procurement .
For more information please see the Course content guide.
This is a level 4 qualification consisting of five compulsory units:
Negotiating and Contracting - Starts Saturday 12 September 2015
To identify approaches to achieve negotiated agreements with external organisations, and to recognise appropriate legal terms that should regulate commercial contracts.
Managing Contracts and Relationships - Starts Saturday 19 September 2015
Being able to apply methods to improve supplier performance, and recognizing the need to apply a structured approach when dealing with performance and relationship issues.
Sourcing in Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 26 September 2015
By applying a range of tools and techniques, this unit helps students to assess sourcing options available to organisations, and make the right choices when procuring goods, service or works from external suppliers.
Understanding practices that will help achieve value for money solutions in procurement, including exploring options available for securing supply chain objectives.
Contexts of Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 13 February 2016
Being able to offer advice to main stakeholders on the application of the sourcing and procurement process, and also understand the supply chain in which the organisation operates.
Business Needs in Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 05 March 2016
Being able to apply methods to improve supplier performance, and rocognising the need to apply a structured approach when dealing with performance and relationship issues.
Why choose the Hertfordshire Business School?
- Experienced staff
- Flexible teaching designed to fit around personal and work commitments
- Good reputation for teaching quality
- State of the art business facilities
- Online support via Studynet, our online learning environment
- Strong links with industry
- Easy to reach location with great transport links
- Free car park
- Complementary tea, coffee and sandwich lunch
Studying delegates will have access to a number of University-based events, MBA seminars, entry to Business Academy Business Briefings (complimentary), exhibitions and other career development short courses.
Why choose this course?
- CIPS is the leading body representing the field of purchasing and supply chain management. The Diploma is a valuable management tool for those moving into junior and middle management procurement roles or those supervising the procurement function. It focusses on organisational procedures and processes including negotiation, planning, risk management and data analysis.
- Two A-levels (or international equivalent) or a CIPS Advanced Certificate qualification.
- Alternatively you need a minimum of two years' experience in a business environment.
|Start Date||End Date||Day and Time||Cost||Link|
|07/03/2015||09/05/2015||Contexts of Procurement and Supply||£575||Apply online (Part-time)|
The cost is £575 per unit for tuition and core resources. Fees are payable on-line either in full or for single units.
UH students and alumni receive a 15% discount.
Full pricing details are included in the attached booking form.
Course fees are payable prior to the start of the programme.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01707 285552
The course consists of five units, taught through weekend Saturday workshops and supported distance learning. Three of the Units for the CIPS L4 Diploma start in September with two others in March each year.
Assessment for each unit is by an external three hour written examination.
- Part Time
- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield