CIPS Level 4 Procurement & Supply
More About the Course
This is a level 4 qualification consisting of five units:
Negotiating and Contracting - Starts Saturday 20 September 2014
to identify approaches to achieve negotiated agreements with external organisations, and to recognise appropriate legal terms that should regulate commercial contracts.
Managing Contracts and Relationships - Starts Saturday 13 September 2014
being able to apply methods to improve supplier performance, and recognizing the need to apply a structured approach when dealing with performance and relationship issues.
Sourcing in Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 27 September 2014
by applying a range of tools and techniques, this unit helps students to assess sourcing options available to organisations, and make the right choices when procuring goods, service or works from external suppliers.
understanding practices that will help achieve value for money solutions in procurement, including exploring options available for securing supply chain objectives.
Contexts of Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 7 March 2015
being able to offer advice to main stakeholders on the application of the sourcing and procurement process, and also understand the supply chain in which the organisation operates.
Why choose the Hertfordshire Business School?
- Experienced staff
- Flexible teaching designed to fit around personal and work commitments
- Good reputation for teaching quality
- State of the art business facilities
- Online support via Studynet, our online learning environment
- Strong links with industry
- Easy to reach location with great transport links
- Free car park
- Complementary tea, coffee and sandwich lunch
- A few minutes' walk from shopping centre and sport facilities
Why choose this course?
- CIPS is the leading body representing the field of purchasing and supply chain management
- The CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply is a Level 4 higher level qualification. To undertake this diploma qualification, you should have at least two A-levels (or international equivalent) or a Level 3 qualification.
- Students without any prior qualifications must have at least two years’ experience in a business environment. Further guidance on entry level qualifications can be obtained from CIPS.
- The Level 4 qualification consists of five compulsory units.
You should have at least 2 A levels (or equivalent) or a level 3 qualification. Students without any prior qualifications must have at least two years’ experience in a business environment.
For further information on entry requirements visit the CIPS website
|Start Date||End Date||Day and Time||Cost||Link|
|13/09/2014||01/11/2014||Managing Contracts and Relationships||£575||Apply online (Part-time)|
|20/09/2014||25/10/2014||Negotiating and Contracting||£575||Apply online (Part-time)|
|27/09/2014||08/11/2014||Sourcing in Procurement and Supply||£575||Apply online (Part-time)|
|07/03/2015||09/05/2015||Contexts of Procurement and Supply||£575||Apply online (Part-time)|
|14/03/2015||18/04/2015||Business Needs in Procurement and Supply||£575||Apply online (Part-time)|
The cost to the individual is £575 per unit. Discounts apply for full programme booking and for alumni.
These fees include course materials and the recommended textbook for each unit, but not CIPS membership or examination fees which are payable by the student direct to CIPS.
Download a booking form
The programme has intakes in March and September of each year and normally takes between 9 and 15 months
to complete. Assessment for each unit is by an external three hour written examination. The programme
consists of five units, taught by weekend Saturday workshops and supported distance learning.
- Part Time
- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield