CIPS Level 4 Procurement & Supply
More About the Course
This is a level 4 qualification consisting of five units:
Negotiating and Contracting - Starts Saturday 20 September 2014
to identify approaches to achieve negotiated agreements with external organisations, and to recognise appropriate legal terms that should regulate commercial contracts.
Managing Contracts and Relationships - Starts Saturday 13 September 2014
being able to apply methods to improve supplier performance, and recognizing the need to apply a structured approach when dealing with performance and relationship issues.
Sourcing in Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 27 September 2014
by applying a range of tools and techniques, this unit helps students to assess sourcing options available to organisations, and make the right choices when procuring goods, service or works from external suppliers.
Business Needs in Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 14 March 2015
understanding practices that will help achieve value for money solutions in procurement, including exploring options available for securing supply chain objectives.
Contexts of Procurement and Supply - Starts Saturday 7 March 2015
being able to offer advice to main stakeholders on the application of the sourcing and procurement process, and also understand the supply chain in which the organisation operates.
Why study with the CIPS?
You can access a wealth of expertise, experience and intellectual resources to support your purchasing and supply management activities including:
- online document reference library - CIPS business intelligence
- specialist knowledge documents to download on purchasing and supply management
- guidance on current practice from specialist knowledge groups
- access to summaries and findings of international research programmes and publications.
- An opportunity to network with other procurement professionals
- Subscription to the specialised Supply Management magazine
- Purchasing careers information via the CIPS website
- Nationally and internationally qualifications
Why choose this course?
- CIPS is the leading body representing the field of purchasing and supply chain management
- The CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply is a Level 4 higher level qualification. To undertake this diploma qualification, you should have at least two A-levels (or international equivalent) or a Level 3 qualification.
- Students without any prior qualifications must have at least two years’ experience in a business environment. Further guidance on entry level qualifications can be obtained from CIPS.
- The Level 4 qualification consists of five compulsory units.
You should have at least 2 A levels (or equivalent) or a level 3 qualification. Students without any prior qualifications must have at least two years’ experience in a business environment.
For further information on entry requirements visit the CIPS website
|21/09/2013||Apply online (Part-time)|
The cost to the individual is £575 per unit. Discounts apply for full programme booking and for alumni.
These fees include course materials and the recommended textbook for each unit, but not CIPS membership or examination fees which are payable by the student direct to CIPS.
Professional and Career Development Loans
Download a booking form
- Part Time
- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield