Assessment of Skin Surgery Skills: Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS)
Who should attend this course?
This DOPS will provide the opportunity for assessment of experienced clinicians performing skin surgery on their own patients or those taking referrals from other practitioners. Please note that this is NOT a taught course. For further details of DOPS or our taught Skin Surgery Skills Course please contact Madeleine Flanagan: 07736 660584.
- Aseptic technique, including hand washing
- Taking informed consent
- Infiltration of local anaesthetic
- Ellipse excision and appropriate skin closure
- Overall competency
- Patient Interaction in the context of the clinical setting
- Completion of relevant documentation
Download a printable version of the leaflet for the Assessment of Skin Surgery Skills: Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS) course
The assessment will be digitally recorded in the Universities Medical Simulation Centre and candidates will receive feedback Where is the module taught and by whom? Hertfordshire University, College Lane Campus, Health Research Building, Herts, AL10 9AB. This course is taught by Madeline Flanagan.
Why choose this course?
- Learn: The Assessment of Skin Surgery Skills: Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS) course provides the opportunity for experienced skin surgery practitioners to have their competency assessed using the DOPS used by the British Association of Dermatologists. Candidates will perform an ellipse excision in a simulated setting which reflects the clinical setting using actors and either synthetic or animal skin
- Course for: Experienced clinicians
- Credit / level:
How to apply
Credit / level for this course:
- Part Time