Music and Sound Technology (Audio Engineering/Audio Programming) MSc
Institution Code H36
Course Code TCMCTM
About the course
- On the Music and Sound Technology MSc you will choose between two different pathways, Audio Engineering or Audio Programming, to pursue fully industry-relevant post-graduate education.
- Explore the most advanced studio techniques, technologies and processes at the forefront of current music production.
- Unleash your creative potential and cultivate your own individual style to produce original arrangements, mixes, re-mixes and mastering work.
- Deliver comprehensive solutions and support for live sound in a variety of performance settings.
- On this postgraduate degree you will create your own A/V interfaces, plug-ins, and programming codes.
Entry requirementsA Bachelor degree in Music Technology or related subjects. All applicants will be expected to have a solid prior knowledge of standard music studio devices, including practical experience across a range of typical audio software. Applicants interested in the Audio Programming route will need additionally to demonstrate an element of prior experience in this area. This may include an understanding of underlying principles, or programming using a high-level language, such as Max/MSP, Java, or C/C++. Applicants lacking formal qualifications may be considered if they can demonstrate significant relevant industry experience.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Part-time 2 years
- Full-time 1 year