Music Composition and Technology BSc (Hons)
Institution Code H36
Course Code CCMC
About the course
- On the Music Composition and Technology degree you will be encouraged to develop your own personal musical language.
- Investigate a wide range of compositional trends, utilising both acoustic instruments and technology.
- You will have the opportunity to explore your creative interests and ideas through a series of compositional projects.
- Music at the University of Hertfordshire came a full 12% ahead of the rest of the HE Music providers as rated by final year students in the new National Student Survey.
- The University of Hertfordshire is the No. 1 new university for Music, ahead of many established universities and conservatories (The Guardian Subject League Tables 2011).
- We have some of the best resources in the UK, including the 29 million pound Forum where our students perform every month, and state-of-the art music studios and film and TV facilities.
- Our music industry advisory panel is second to none in the UK and includes key figures in the music industry such as Tim Clark (Robbie Williams's manager), Mike Smith (MD Columbia Records) and Korda Marshall (who signed Take That, James Blunt etc.)
240 points, including:
GCE A Level or equivalent in music or music technology or grade V theory ABRSM theory or grade Vll/Vlll ABSRM practical.
Plus GCSE English language and Maths at grade C or above and Key skills are accepted as equivalent.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Part-time Normally 5 years
- Full-time 3 years