Motorsport Technology BSc
Institution Code H36
Course Code EITMAU
About the course
- This BSc Honours degree course in Motorsport Technology is part of a suite of automotive related degree courses;
- Involvement in Formula Student Competition from year 1 - design, build and race single-seater race car;
- Excellent facilities in automotive engineering technology;
- World Class Expertise NB materials, vehicle dynamics, structural analysis, aerodynamics and CAE;
- Strong links with employers in the automotive industry;
- You do not need an A-level in Mathematics or Physics to gain entry to this course, you simply need the correct UCAS points and your enthusiasm for the subject;
- If you would like more detailed information about what you will be studying on each year of this course, then go to 'Course structure' via the tab at the top of the page, and then click on the '- full details' link for each year of study. You will then see a description for each module.
260 UCAS points.
GCE A Levels from a minimum of 2 A levels.
We also accept:
- Engineering or Technology based BTEC Diploma NQF/QCF, Advanced Diploma, or Progression Diploma.
- Access to HE Diploma in Engineering or Technology with merit profile.
GCSEs must include Mathematics, English Language and Science at C or above.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Full-time 3 years
- Sandwich 4 years
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (IEng) status by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).