Midwifery with RM BSc Honours
Institution Code H36
Course Code HHMW
About the course
- On this programme you will develop a sound midwifery knowledge of normality, the midwife's sphere of expertise, and also be competent in recognising and managing deviations from this.
- The programme lays the foundation for your continuing personal and professional development throughout your career.
- Throughout the programme your theoretical studies will be supported by clinical experiences which are focused on the childbearing woman and the baby. You will gain extensive experience in the community setting, provide ante, intra and postnatal care.
Normal entry requirements are:
300 UCAS points to include at least two A levels including a grade B in a Biological or Social Science and 5 GCSEs/O levels grade A-C, to include English Language, Science and mathematics.
OR 14-19 Diploma in Society, Health and Development. Minimum 300 UCAS tariff points.
OR BTEC Diploma NQF or QCF in a Science or health-related subject with a minimum of 300 UCAS tariff points.
OR Access to Nursing and Midwifery Higher Education students must achieve a minimum of 30 Distinctions at Level 3. In addition, applicants who do not have Maths GCSE grade C or above must have 12 level 2 credits in Numeracy or Maths.
Other UCAS listed qualifications may be considered, please email Annabel Jay, Admissions Tutor; email@example.com
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Full-time 3 years
Qualification as a Registered Midwife.