Mechanical Engineering BEng
Institution Code H36
Course Code EIBENGAME
About the course
- This BEng Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering has been highly successful and over the years produced thousands of successful graduates working in all fields of engineering;
- You can apply your knowledge to typical mechanical projects such as the design of a hovercraft;
- You may join the automotive students and help design, build and race single-seater race car in the UK Formula Student Competition;
- You may join aerospace students on projects involving Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), rocketry and space tourism;
- You will learn how to apply computer-aided engineering and industrial-standard software, recommended by the Automotive Industry Advisory Panel.
- If you would like more detailed information about what you will be studying on each year of this course, then go to 'Course structure' via the tab at the top of the page, and then click on the '- full details' link for each year of study. You will then see a description for each module.
280 UCAS points
GCE A Levels must include both Mathematics and Physics or Technology or engineering-based subjects.
NB General Studies / Critical Thinking will not be accepted as part of the total UCAS points achieved.
We also accept:
- Engineering BTEC Extended National Diploma at DMM to include Distinction in the Further Maths unit.
- Engineering Advanced Diploma to include GCE A level Maths as the Additional and Specialist Learning (ASL) component.
- Access to Engineering Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Distinction in Maths and Science or Principles units; and all other Level 3 credits must be at Merit.
GCSEs must include Mathematics, English Language and Science at C or above.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Full-time or sandwich
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).