MSc Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation MSc, PgD, PgC
Institution Code H36
Course Code HHMSERMSC
About the course
- Flexible, advanced professional training in the field of sport and exercise rehabilitation
- Suitable for health, sport and exercise professionals
- Endorsed by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and mapped to the International Federation of Sports Physiotherapy (IFSP)
- Close links with England Athletics, Watford Football Club, Middlesex County Cricket Club and Hertfordshire Sports Village
- Experienced staff and visiting external specialists
- State of the art sport and exercise facilities
Applicants will normally have completed a relevant university degree and have a recognised qualification in physiotherapy, osteopathy, sports therapy, sports rehabilitation. You will normally have at least one year's post-qualification experience (post internship) and evidence of appropriate continuing professional development.
You may be asked to complete a case study and/or invited to an interview.
Applicants should possess membership of recognised professional body. For example; Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), Society of Sports Therapists, British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Athletic Trainers (BASRAT), British Association of Sport Therapists, British Association of Osteopaths (BOA), Health Professions Council (HPC) upon application.
You must also satisfy the University's English language requirement for this programme, IELTS at Level 7.0 (including 7.0 in the writing component) or TOEFL internet-based test 100, or paper-based test 600.
For more information and application forms contact:
Naomi Hewitt - Programme Tutor
tel: +44 (0) 1707 284598
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 7.0 in the writing element)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Part-time 2.5 years minimum
- Full-time 16 months
Sport, Health and Exercise at the University has recently been assessed for Laboratory Accreditation via the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
This is a nationally recognised achievement, whereby the standards of operation, physiological testing and laboratory management are assessed in relation to recognised clinical criteria and quality control.
In successfully attaining such accreditation, the physiological testing team and laboratory staff have demonstrated high standards in operation.