Dietetics BSc Hons
Institution Code H36
Course Code HHDIET
About the course
- The only university that awards academic credit for practice placements.
- More weeks spent on practice placements than any other UK university.
- One of few universities in the UK offering Dietetics over 3 years rather than 4 years.
- Welcomes graduates who are changing direction and want to qualify as a dietitian.
- GCSE – normally 5 grade A-C including maths,English and science at grade C or above
- Standard A Level offer – 300 UCAS points. To include chemistry at grade B and biology at grade B and a further 100 UCAS points from other AS and/or A2 subjects excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking
- Standard Access Diploma to Science – Pass access diploma with a minimum of 60 credits to include 15 L3 credits in chemistry at Distinction, 15 L3 credits in biology at Distinction, 30 L3 credits in other subjects at merit
- Standard Science Foundation / Extended Degree – A pass of 60% in all individual subjects and a pass of 70% in biology and 70% in chemistry
- Standard BTEC offer – one of the following:
BTEC National Extended Diploma in a science subject DDD and grade B in GCE A2 chemistry
BTEC National Diploma in a science subject DD and a grade B in GCE A2 chemistry
BTEC national Subsidiary Diploma D and a grade B in GCE A2 Biology and grade B in GCE A2 Chemistry
- Standard Irish Leaving Certificate (Higher Level) – 5 subjects at higher level to include chemistry and biology at a minimum of B grades
- Relevant science undergraduate / postgraduate qualifications – Typically a 2.2 level of achievement in a relevant subject i.e science, nutrition, health or sports science ·
- Apolyterion – 18/20 with not lower that 17/20 for any core subjects including biology and chemistry.
For all applicants – satisfactory interview, numeracy and literacy test. A health check and enhanced Criminal Record Bureau screening will be required
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Full-time 3 years
This course is accredited Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). On graduation you are eligible to apply for registration.