Character Creation and Technical Effects BA Hons
Institution Code H36
Course Code CCSFX
No start dates available.
About the course
- The Model and Special Effects Programme is the only programme of it’s kind to have been awarded the Creative Skillset Tick, the industry kitemark of quality, following a rigorous assessment process by experts working in the Creative Industries. The Creative Skillset Tick is awarded to practice-based courses which best prepare students for a career in the industry.
- The Character Creation and Technical Effects degree is the only course of its kind in the UK - possibly the world, as nowhere else has three interrelated degrees like this working alongside each other with access to such outstanding staff and facilities.
- The full time staff are all leading experts in their field with extensive industry experience & all the visiting lecturers are professionals currently working in the Film & TV industry.
- Work experience is an integral part of the degree- you can spend up to half the second year working in industry with companies such as Artem, Asylum Models & Effects, Hothouse Models & Effects, Machine Shop Special Effects, Madame Tussauds and Tussauds Studios.
- You will work as a team with students on Special Effects or Model Design & Model Effects to make ambitious projects that simulate working practices in the Film & TV industry.
- On this degree you will learn practical making skills as well as using cutting edge new technologies in computer aided design and manufacture. Understand how to use computer software for achieving post-production effects.
- Find out for yourself and watch our video!
- View student work on Flickr
240 points from GCE A Levels (or equivalent) including a qualification in an art related subject plus GCSE Maths, English language at grade C are required and Key skills are accepted as equivalent. Selection is based on a portfolio interview, after which you may be required to complete a Foundation Year or Foundation Diploma before progressing to the degree course.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Part-time Normally 5 years
- Full-time 3 years
Skillset Media Academy