Institution Code H36
BSc (Hons) Astrophysics
BSc (Hons) Astrophysics with a Year Abroad
Course Code EIPHYAP
About the course
- You will be part of a small and friendly department within the School of Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics where class sizes are small enough that you know your lecturers by name; Visit our School web page.
- We have one of the largest astronomy research groups in the UK and students conduct research projects supervised by scientists and mathematicians in the School ;
- Students have exceptional one-year placement opportunities in the UK and abroad;
- Our Bayfordbury Observatory is regarded as one of the finest teaching observatories in the country. The observatory site also hosts the new Science Learning Centre East of England;
- We are ranked by the Guardian University guide for 2011 in the Top 10 UK universities for Physics. Visit the Guardian league tables;
320 UCAS points which must include at least grade C in both Physics & Mathematics GCE A2 levels.
A2 level Maths and Physics must give a combined total of at least 200 UCAS points.
BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science at DMM combined with Mathematics A-level at grade C or above.
GCSE English Language and mathematics at grade C or above. A minimum IELTS score of 6.0,TOEFL 550 (213 CBT) is required for those for whom English is not their first language. Equivalent qualifications welcomed.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Part-time 5-6 years
- Full-time 3 Years
- Sandwich 4 years
Accredited by the Institute of Physics (IoP). Graduates of this degree programme are eligible for Associate Membership of the IoP.
View other Key Information Sets associated with this course >>