Aerospace Technology with Pilot Studies BSc
Institution Code H36
Course Code EITMAE
About the course
- This BSc Honours degree course in Aerospace Technology with Pilot Studies is part of a suite of aerospace degree courses taught on the Hatfield College Lane Campus;
- You will have the opportunity to take flying lessons at a nationally-recognised flight centre;
- The student with greatest flying performance is awarded a Scholarship, to extend their pilot training after graduation.
- You do not need an A-level in Mathematics or Physics to gain entry to this course, you simply need the correct UCAS points and a great deal of enthusiasm for flying;
- This is the ideal course if you are interested in a role that combines technical knowledge with piloting;
- You will have access to the best equipment: flight simulator, wind tunnels, specialist laboratories and CAE software;
- If you would like more detailed information about what you will be studying on each year of this course, then go to 'Course structure' via the tab at the top of this page.
260 UCAS points.
GCE A Levels from a minimum of 2 A levels.
We also accept:
- Engineering or Technology based BTEC Diploma NQF/QCF, Advanced Diploma, or Progression Diploma.
- Access to HE Diploma in Engineering or Technology with merit profile.
GCSEs must include Mathematics, English Language and Science at C or above.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
- Full-time 3 Years
- Sandwich 4 Years
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (IEng) status by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).