3D Games Art
Institution Code H36
Course Code CCANM
About the course
- The 3D Games Art degree is the study of games art rather than games programming.
- The degree explores digital modelling of characters and environments, and develops animation as well as shader techniques and level creation.
- You will be taught to create optimised geometry and textures and apply them to PC game engines, gaining an understanding of the technological restrictions of real-time 3D graphics.
- The degree examines sound tracks and creating sound effects.
- You will explore games and gaming trends, looking at scenarios for PCs, consoles and interactive TV.
- Find out for yourself and watch our video!
- Watch our Showreel to see the great work of our students.
280 points from GCE A Levels (or equivalent) including a qualification in an art-related subject plus GCSE English language and maths at grade C or above and Key Skills are accepted as equivalent. Selection is based on a portfolio interview, after which you may be required to complete a Foundation Year or Foundation Diploma before progressing to the degree course.
We are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS tariff points system (e.g. International Baccalaureate, key skills). More information about our entry requirements.
English language requirements
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted. Please contact the International Office for details.
Skillset Media Academy