- BSc Honours in Astrophysics
- MPhys in Astrophysics
- Postgraduate study in Astrophysics based in the Centre for Astrophysics Research (CAR).
Why study astrophysics?
Astrophysics is one of the oldest academic disciplines – analysing the behaviour of stars, galaxies and planets in order to understand how the universe works.
Our School of Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics is among the top 10 in the UK and home to the world-leading Centre for Astrophysics Research.
Gain knowledge of the physical and mathematical principles fundamental to this fascinating subject, as well as hands on experience in the nation's largest teaching observatory and the opportunity to undertake real work placements. The analytical and observational skills you will develop will lead to employment prospects in a wide range of careers.
Your career in astrophysics
Your specialist physics understanding and range of technical and mathematical abilities mean you will be well equipped or careers in research or industry, or for postgraduate study.
Our graduates find employment in international observatories, research institutions, engineering and financial industries, and teaching.
- Conduct research and test scientific instruments and software
- Educate the public and other professionals
- Work in sectors requiring mathematical/analytical ability such as industry or the financial sector