Consultancy, short courses and contract research
- Investigating and understanding human behaviour, thinking and development
- Facilitating change in behaviour and attitudes
- Data analysis and methods of enquiry
- Questionnaire and survey design, including piloting and, if required, administration
- Statistical analysis of data
- Evaluation of attitudes, behaviour, new working practices, etc.
- Occupational psychology
- Organisational psychology
- Recruitment procedures
- Training in the use and administration of psychometric testing
- Reducing stress in the workplace
- Managing change in persons and organisations
- Personal Construct Psychology: workshops, consultancy and organisational development
- FIT Science - personal and organisational development
- Mass participation experiments and research, including the psychology of sleep
- Positive psychology and luck
- Psychology applied to dieting, weight loss and exercise
- Psychology of performance, especially the psychology of dance
- Energy-efficiency in buildings and organisations
Delivering our expertise
We can share our expertise and offer our services to your company in a number of ways:
- Consultancy (from one-off projects to long-term consultancy)
- Short courses
- In-house training courses (bespoke or general)
- Contract research
- MSc business-related psychology programmes
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership
An example of one of our KTP partners
Heales Medical, a leading provider of a range of occupational health services, needed to develop a sound approach to the analysis, documentation and proving of diagnosis of stress and, subsequently, the correct treatment procedures.
The outcomes needed to be available for use by human resource officers, managers, occupational health professionals, counsellors and psychologists. Working through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), the department of Psychology provided the expertise necessary to deliver this.
As a result, procedures were developed to assist in directing clinical help to those who need it, to isolate a best cause of action for each case and to provide an evidence trail for instances where an external tribunal might be needed to resolve a dispute between a Heales client and their employees.
Where it can contribute to the overall success of a project, we collaborate with other schools at the University, e.g. Computer Science, health-related departments, Life Sciences, the Hertfordshire Business School, Education, etc.
Get in touch
For further information please email Dr Mike Page or call him on +44 (0) 1707 286465.