Sports, health, exercise and well-being courses
Our sport courses have a long and successful reputation representing some of the newest and fastest growing areas in sport. They give emphasis on the practical work and skills you need when you graduate.
- Sport and Exercise Science (BSc Honours) UCAS code: C600
- Sports Studies (BSc/BSc Honours) UCAS code: C602
- Sports Therapy (BSc/BSc Honours) UCAS code: CB63
We also have a range of short courses for professionals who are interested in refreshing their knowledge and skills or just want to stay on top of new developments in nursing.
More information about our sport short courses.
Why choose to study Sport, Health and Well Being at our University
Our sport, health and wellbeing courses are designed to help you develop all round skills which are essential for life after graduation.
You will further develop these skills through either work placement or studying abroad.
Wherever your interest in sport lies, our combination of high-quality teaching with courses tailored to meet the demands of employers will give you the kick start you need to build your future career.
Our key strengths:
- We focus on some of the most exciting and rapidly evolving subject areas where up-to-the minute knowledge and practical skills are essential
- We are in the top ten in the Complete University Guide 2012 league table for our undergraduate sports courses
- The opportunity to apply your theoretical knowledge and skills in real life practical and vocational settings through work placements in the UK and/or abroad
- A vibrant staff research activity means our courses are always forward thinking
- Our excellent National Student Survey results for student satisfaction for our undergraduate sport courses
- High levels of graduate employment for our students
- BASES accredited sports laboratories
- Accreditations and endorsements from professional bodies such as the Society of Sports Therapists and the and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
You will benefit from the state-of-the-art facilities that include a sports injury clinic, human physiology laboratory, performance testing centre and the £15m Hertfordshire Sports Village.
Take a virtual tour of our facilities.
The work experience you gain while you study one of our sports, health, exercise and well-being courses allows you to develop personal contacts with sport organisations and professionals. These contacts are valuable for when you start looking for graduate jobs and provide a networking experience that increases your chances of securing a job.
Our graduates progress to a wide range of careers including:
- sports coaching
- fitness consulting
- fitness instructor
- lifestyle consulting
- mental health physical activity and nutrition consulting
- sports development
- sports management
- sports administration
- sports media
- sports promotion