Automotive postgraduate courses
The School of Engineering and Technology has been running automotive degree courses for almost 40 years and is very well-established within the automotive industry.
The University of Hertfordshire is one of the top 5 UK universities whose automotive engineering degree programmes have been recognised by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), the trade association representing the UK automotive industry.
Our MSc Automotive Engineering is also accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) as meeting the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer status.
We currently have about 400 undergraduate and postgraduate students reading automotive engineering subjects and are one of the largest providers of automotive engineering degree courses in the UK.
You will have the opportunity to learn about a range of topics:
- alternative power train and fuel technologies
- the construction of CAE models
- new product development
- the selection of materials, process and techniques for the structural analysis and the design and construction of automotive components such as body and chassis
- Vehicle Electrical Systems and application
We have excellent facilities in automotive engineering technology including:
- a rolling road
- a four engine test facility
- F1 standard 6DOF full-motion simulator
- 4 jack suspension rig
- moving-road wind tunnel